SHOULDER SEASON 2018
3rd of April until the 15th of April 2018
·Monday to Friday: 11am - 4pm
·Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: 11am - 5pm
TICKET PRICES (3rd - 15th April 2018)
NOTE: All ticket prices are currently under review and maybe changed.
·Disability Concession: $12
·Kids u/16: FREE but must be accompanied by an adult.
Group Discount: TBC
The Golden Garden Season
* Witness the changing of the seasons at the Blue Lotus Water Garden with thousands of lotus leaves turning from summer green to shades of golden yellow.
Walk among the NEW SUNFLOWER FOREST being planted especially for the "Golden Garden Season" 2018.
* See the NEW GIANT LILY with lily pads up to 2m in diameter by April. If you’re lucky you may see one of its huge flowers (up to 40cm in diameter).
* Stroll through our new indigenous garden along the Little Yarra River with its majestic tree ferns and huge River Gums, a bird watcher’s paradise.
* For the kids we have the fabulous Fairy Garden with 12 Giant Mushrooms, Quaint Fairy Village and Kooky Cubbies. On weekends the kids get a visit from the Lotus Queen Fairy who tells them stories about her magical world. The Lotus Queen Fairy also offers face painting for a small fee. Plus, all kids will love playing the Garden Spotto game that includes many of our local birds and feature plants at the garden (they also get a reward at the end). The kids will also love helping us feed our large goldfish (12:30pm daily).
* See our special Golden Lotus with its 88 petals, the only one in Australia.
* Meander the perennial walk of flowers along Monet’s Lake, with its stunning display of magnificent impatiens and colourful salvias. You will be amazed by the “Giant Lotus Flower Fountians” that protrude from the lake.
* Take a pic of the amazing collection of tropical waterlilies still in full bloom in our “Winch House”. Many of the flowers have colour combinations that will delight you.
* Admire the stunning “Night Flowering” lilies that stay open longer as the days get shorter in the Rare Plants Pavilion. Also see many other rare and wonderful plants (in this special greenhouse) that have been collected from across Australia and around the world.
* Family friendly with dozens of picnic shelters and 3 park BBQs.
* Try a special lotus dish at Wiel’s Lily Pond Café or maybe a burger at the garden takeaway, or an ice cream at the Ice Cream Kiosk. Listen to the sweet sounds of our local muscian "Eagle" on weekends.
* Browse through the Retail Nursery featuring Australia’s best range of lotus plants and waterlilies. Check out the Blue Lotus Gift Shop with a great range of special things the ladies will love.
* Or pick up a bargain at Rod’s Garden Shop specializing in pots, planters and ponds. See his NEW range of fairy houses and accessories ideal for making your own fairy garden at home.
Blue Lotus Water Garden
2628 Warburton Highway, Yarra Junction
Ph 5967 2061