Blue Lotus Water Garden Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Entry
The Blue Lotus Water Garden has many water features that are not fenced including lakes, ponds, lagoons, waterways and elevated walkways that can be dangerous. Children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times whilst visiting the gardens.
All people entering the Blue Lotus Water Garden at 2628 Warburton Highway, Yarra Junction, Victoria agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
It’s an express condition of your entry including any minors or dependants in your care and any person that you have booked or purchased a ticket for agree to release, waive, indemnify and discharge the Blue Lotus Water Garden, its owners Geoff and Yvonne Cochrane, managers, employees, agents and contractors from all forms of liability, claims or demands for all injuries and illnesses, losses, damages of any kind to yourself or property, any minor under your supervision, and any persons that you have booked or purchased a ticket for.
COVID19 Conditions of Entry
Our priority at the Blue Lotus Water Garden is the health and safety of our customers and staff. We would like to reassure everyone that we are an outdoor attraction with lots of space, sunshine and fresh air and we follow the health guidelines provided by authorities.
As a condition of entry by every person to the Blue Lotus Water Garden, you must agree and declare the following:
• I and any person I booked a ticket for confirm I/we are NOT showing any signs and symptoms of COVID-19 being fever (above 37.5 degrees Celsius), flu like symptoms, coughing, sore throat or headache.
• I understand that if myself or any person I booked a ticket for have an elevated temperature or any flu-like symptoms then I or any person I booked a ticket for will not be permitted to enter the gardens or remain on site.
• I and any person I booked a ticket for confirm I/we have not had close or casual contact with a person who has been confirmed with COVID-19 at any time in the past 14 days.
• I and any person I booked a ticket for confirm I/we are not awaiting results of a COVID-19 test.
• I and any person I booked a ticket for confirm I/we will follow Blue Lotus Water Garden’s directions regarding hand hygiene while on site, including sanitizing my hands prior to commencing my visit.
• I will notify Blue Lotus Water Garden if any of the above change upon the day of visiting.
• I and any person I booked a ticket for confirm I/we will follow good hygiene practices while onsite.
• I and any person I booked a ticket for confirm I/we have not attended a COVID-19 case location at the relevant date/time as indicated on State Government websites or from a declared hotspot in Australia or New Zealand in the pass 14 days.
• I and any person I booked a ticket for confirm I/we have not travelled from overseas within the last 14 days with the exception of travel from New Zealand.
• All persons must register their details via the QR code displayed and present the confirmation to staff at entry. If, for some reason this is not possible, you will be directed to record your name and contact details in our visitor register. Your name and contact details will be held electronically for a period of 28 days and passed on to authorities if requested.
General Conditions and Requirements
As a condition of entry by every person to the Blue Lotus Water Garden you must agree to and abide by the following conditions and requirements:
• All minors aged 0-15 years must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian at all times whilst in the grounds of the Blue Lotus Water Garden.
• You and any minors or dependants in your care must not damage or pick any of the flowers or plants.
• No BYO alcoholic beverages allowed.
• No pets allowed on the property or carparks other than authorised assistant or guide dogs.
• No pushbikes, skateboards, rollerblades, skates, scooters.
• No fireworks, bangers or whistles.
• No illegal drugs or weapons.
• No amplified music without written authorisation by management.
• No filming or photography for commercial purposes without prior written consent from management of the Blue Lotus Water Garden.
• No drones are not permitted for use on the property without prior written consent from the Blue Lotus Water Garden.
• The Blue Lotus Water Garden will refuse entry to any person who does not comply with the conditions of entry and other requirements.
• The Blue Lotus Water Garden will refuse entry or eject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behaviour, vandalism or evade admission.
• Management reserves the right to inspect any bags or other items at all entry points or within the gardens, if staff suspect the person is carrying a prohibited item or has stolen property from the garden.
• While visiting the gardens you may be filmed, photographed or recorded for marketing and advertising purposes by the Blue Lotus Water Garden. You agree to allow your image to be used for these purposes and wave any requirement of payment.
• CCTV surveillance cameras in use.
Every person requires a ticket to enter the garden including children aged 4 years or older. It’s strongly recommended to purchase an online ticket, as we have limited tickets available for sale at the ticket counter.
To purchase an online ticket, you will need to select the date and session time you wish to attend the garden. You will also need to provide names and contact details for each ticket holder.
Online Ticket Purchasing Terms
• Online tickets are only valid for the date and session time displayed on the ticket and can only be used once. Online tickets expire at the end of the session time displayed on the ticket and become void.
• Entry to the gardens will only be granted after staff scan the QR or Barcode code on a printed online ticket or digital ticket displayed on a smart phone.
• People who have a Senior or Pensioner Ticket will also have to present either a valid Australian Seniors Card or Australian Pension Card to gain entry. No other concession cards will be accepted.
• People who have a Companion Card Ticket will need to be caring for a person with a valid ticket and present a valid Companion Card or Professional Carers Card to gain entry.
• Minors aged 0-15 years will not be granted entry without being accompanied by a parent or adult guardian with a valid ticket. Children aged 4-15 years also require a paid ticket.
• Changes to date or session time of online tickets is strictly limited and can only be done online by using the methods provided by our online ticketing provider, Ticketbooth. NO changes will be accommodated over the phone or in any other way. Changes are only permitted if done a minimum of 48 hours prior to the original date and session time of the ticket, and only if another date and session time is available.
• Online tickets are non-refundable unless otherwise stated in our Refund Policy.
• Lost, damaged or stolen tickets will not be replaced unless proof of purchase is provided, and the ticket has not yet expired or been used.
• Online tickets cannot be transferred or on sold to another person or party.
• Online tickets can only be purchased through our website using the Ticketbooth booking portal and a major credit card. Your account will be debited at the time of ordering and payment processing and transaction fees may apply and added to your ticket cost. All prices include GST. All online tickets purchased through our ticketing provider Ticketbooth are also subject to the Terms and Conditions of Ticketbooth.
• When purchasing an online ticket, the customer is agreeing to give access to their name, email address, contact number, post code and any other personal information entered to the Blue Lotus Water Garden and its associated businesses. These details will be held confidentially by Blue Lotus Water Garden and used for processing, marketing, research purposes only except if details are requested by the Victorian Government for contact tracing.
• Online tickets will only be sent via email. A booking confirmation will also be sent that includes your purchase details and a link at the bottom of the page that can be used to request a change to date and or session time, subject to conditions and availability.
• Blue Lotus Water Garden reserves the right to adjust operating hours without prior notice.
Over the Counter Tickets, Group Tickets and Sales
Due to Covid19 capacity restrictions. We highly recommended visitors purchase online tickets to avoid disappointment. However, a small number of tickets will be available at the ticket counter each day. We cannot guarantee these tickets will still be available when you arrive. Visitors will also be required to scan the contact tracing QR code or fill out our visitor register prior to entering the garden.
• All people 16 years and older are considered an adult and require an adult ticket unless you qualify for a concession ticket.
• Concession tickets are strictly limited to people who have an Australian Seniors Card or Australian Pension Card. No other concession cards will be accepted.
• Children aged 4-15 years require a paid ticket and must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian with a valid ticket.
• Children aged 0-3 years are free of charge and don’t require a ticket but must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian with a valid ticket.
• People who have a Companion Card or Professional Carers Card and are caring for a person with a valid ticket. Are free of charge if they present a valid Companion Card or Professional Carers Card to staff.
• All tickets purchased from the ticket counter are valid for the date stamped on the ticket. Tickets can only be used by one person and expire at 5pm on the date stamped on the ticket. Tickets are not proof of purchase and staff may request a valid receipt to allow entry.
• All group tickets provided as part of a group booking are valid for the date stamped on the ticket. Tickets can only be used by one person and expire at 5pm on the date stamped on the ticket.
• Tickets can be purchased over the counter (subject to availability) with cash, debit card or a major credit card.
We do accept cash, however we encourage customers to pay with a debit or credit card.
All purchases over the counter using a credit card are made through the Commonwealth Bank of Australia’s (CBA) merchant facility. Payment information is securely and confidentially processed by the CBA. If you believe any unauthorised use of your credit card has occurred, please contact your bank directly.
Blue Lotus Season Passes
A limited amount of Blue Lotus Season Passes will be available for purchased over the counter at the garden. Season Passes cannot be purchased online.
All persons purchasing a Season Pass must agree to the following:
• A Season Pass allows the holder multiple entry to the gardens including any dependent children aged 0-15 years, subject to available site capacity, until the expire date on the pass.
• A Season Pass does not guarantee entry, if the garden has reached site capacity.
• We recommend pass holders come early on busy weekends and public holidays to avoid being turned away.
• A Season Pass expires on the date printed on the pass.
• A Season Pass is non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be on sold to another person.
• The Blue Lotus Water Garden reserves the right to cancel and make void a Season Pass at any time and for any reason.
• Season Pass holders will also need to present their pass and photo ID to staff before being allowed to enter the garden, subject to site capacity.
• Season Pass holders will need to scan the contact tracing QR code with their phone or provide their contact details in our visitor register, including any dependent children. Before being allowed to enter the garden subject to site capacity.
Blue Lotus Free Passes and Promotional Vouchers
If a Free Pass or Promotional Voucher issued by the Blue Lotus Water Garden includes an expire date. The pass or voucher will expire and become void on that date noted and cannot be redeemed for tickets or products.
If a Free Pass issued by the Blue Lotus Water Garden does NOT have any expiry date. It can be redeemed for a ticket (subject to availability) by presenting the Free Pass at the ticket counter.
Dangerous Weather Policy
If management considers weather conditions are too dangerous for visitors, the Blue Lotus Water Garden may temporarily close until weather conditions become safe.
• Any group bookings affected by the closure will be notified and offered to change the date or cancel the booking.
• Any online ticket holders that have a valid ticket for the date and time the garden has closed. Will be contacted and offered a refund or to change the ticket to another date.
All online and single use tickets are non-refundable except in the following circumstances:
• The garden has closed on the date and time the ticket was valid for. If that happened, online ticket holders will be contacted and offered a refund or change the ticket to another date.
• A person requests a refund because of serious illness or injury. Requests must be made prior to the date and time the ticket is valid for and the ticket holder must provide a medical certificate.
All Blue Lotus Season Passes are non-refundable. No refund will be issued for any reason.
If a tour operator or organisation has made a group booking and paid a deposit and the garden is closed on the date booked to visit. A refund or exchange of date will be offered to the tour operator or organisation.
We do not offer refunds for people who have been ejected from the property.
We do not offer refunds due to areas of the gardens being closed for maintenance, special events or for any other reason.
We do not offer refunds because a customer’s ticket expired or become void before they had an opportunity to redeem it.
We do not offer refunds because a customer’s plans have changed.